Business Key Stage 5
AQA Level 3 Extended Certificate in Applied Business
This Level 3 qualification offers a practical introduction to business, and supports progression to further study or employment. It builds on the strengths outgoing A-level Applied Business specifications.
The qualifications has been developed in collaboration with teachers, schools, colleges and higher education. The course will help learners develop fundamental business and entrepreneurial knowledge, and skills valued in the world of work and higher education. There will be new, modern areas of business introduced students looking to study business in a vocational and applied context.
There is a mix of both written assignments (66%) and exams (34%) used to test student’s knowledge:
- Unit 1 Financial planning and analysis—External examination
- Unit 2 Business dynamics—Coursework
- Unit 3 Entrepreneurial opportunities—Controlled assessment
- Unit 4 Managing and leading people—External examination
- Unit 5 Developing a business proposal—Coursework
- Unit 8 Marketing Communications
This substantial vocational qualification provides a broader and deeper understanding of business knowledge and skills to support progress to higher education.
This qualification can prepare people to take up employment in business and entrepreneurship, either directly after achieving the qualification or via higher education at university or college.