Syllabus: GCSE Business Studies 9-1
Course Code: OCR J204
During the course we cover the basics of each function of a business and apply them to real life situations. We cover marketing, human resources management, finance, the external environment, and how to start-up a business. Students will work with case studies to further enhance their understanding of the theory and we will use regular past exam questions to prepare students for the examinations.
- Business start-ups - how businesses are started.
- Human Resources - recruitment, training and the role of trade unions.
- Production - the different methods of making products.
- External Environment - inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, unemployment, taxes.
- Marketing - promotion, location, brands, products, setting prices, market research.
The course is devided into 2 exams at the end of Year 11. Both exams are 1hr 30mins and each worth 50% of the course.