Science at Key Stage 3
Science at Key Stage 3.
At The Beaconsfield School, we teach the Key Stage 3 curriculum in Year 7 and Year 8. We follow the Activate 1-2 schemes of work. All Key Stage 3 students have their own log in to access an online kerboodle text book as well as all the resources used in lessons from the Activate schemes of work. Student progress is accessed using end of topic tests. Lessons contain as much practical work and independent learning as possible. Science is taught in four 50 minute lessons every week.
Topics covered in Year 7 are:
- Biology- cells, body systems and reproduction.
- Chemistry- particles, atoms, elements and compounds, acids and alkalis and chemical reactions.
- Physics- forces, space, sound and light.
Topics covered in Year 8 are:
- Biology- healthy lifestyles, adaptions and inheritance, ecosystems.
- Chemistry- the Periodic table, separation techniques, metals and acids, the Earth.
- Physics- electricity and magnetism, energy, motion and pressure,