I would like to welcome your son / daughter into Year 11 at The Beaconsfield School and the final stage of their GCSE studies.
Year 11 will undoubtedly have highs and lows both at an academic and personal level and it is vital that the students, staff and parents / carers keep clear lines of communication so that the best pathway to success can be achieved for each individual student. Exam stress is a major issue in Year 11 and while we expect every student to work hard to reach their goals we also understand that time is needed for rest and relaxation. There are lots of extracurricular activities available at school and I would encourage all students to participate in something fun that they enjoy. Not only will that relieve stress but also give them something to include on Sixth Form/college application forms where competition is tough and only the best will be accepted.
To enable all students to achieve there are 3 basic rules to follow:
- Maintain high attendance levels – attendance is key to success. Please ensure all dentist/doctors’ appointments are made outside school hours.
- Organisation – Ensure homework is completed and handed in on time and that all important dates are recorded in planners
- Equipment – Ensure students are equipped for all lessons
I look forward to working with this year group and I am sure we will all be celebrating together come August.
Mr B Sarsfield
|Year 11 Leader||Mr B Sarsfieldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bussell||Miss H Ashby||
|Hockney||Mr Tidswell & Mrs E Millar||
|Mackintosh||Mr Ricketts & Mrs Cowburn||
|McCartney||Mrs S West & Mrs k Gough||
|Rowling||Mr B Augustemail@example.com|
GCSEPod – www.gcsepod.com
A very useful revision tool that shows short podcasts of the vast majority of GCSE subjects.
- Go to www.gcsepod.com
- Click on “logon” button in top right corner
- Click “New here get started”
- Follow prompts for name, date of birth and school (THE Beaconsfield School)
- Create your own username and password (please make it something memorable)
If you have already logged on but cannot remember your password, see a teacher to get it reset.